Benefits Buzz April 2018
Benefits Buzz – April 2018This month’s Benefits Buzz discusses how to handle an ACA penalty letter, emphasizes the importance of reviewing your SPDs and offers tips for avoiding complex tax scams.
A Successful day at the ASE HR ConferenceSteve McCain, Rose Rivera, and Greg Liposky had a very successful day at the ASE HR Conference yesterday! Thank you to everyone that stopped by the Creative Benefit Solutions table!
Attracting & Hiring the Right Employees
Join us on March 27, 2018 for this FREE HR Business Symposium
You are invited to attend our Free educational HR Business symposium on “How to Attract & Hire the Right Employee” featuring speaker, Jay Forte. Jay has been a regular speaker at the SHRM national conventions and we hired him as an expert to help clients gain insight and valuable knowledge in the hiring process. Complimentary lunch is included. Email Lisa@creativebenefitsllc.com by Monday March 19, 2018 to register for this event!
We understand that in today’s workplace finding the Right Talent is “Key” to your company’s success and feel you and your company would benefit greatly as Jay presents 3 critical areas required to attract and hire the right employee.
You are welcome to bring or send on your behalf anyone who would benefit from this material.
The symposium is certified for 3 continuing education credits with SHRM (Society of Human Management).
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Breaking News LIVE from D.C. 2/27/18
Breaking News LIVE from D.C.!Greg Liposky with Representative Kevin Brady (TX), Chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee, after a successful private lunch discussion on proposed Health Care Legislative changes. Tuesday, February 27th, 2018 – Washington D.C.
Last week marked my 10th annual visit to participate in the National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU) Capitol Conference in Washington D.C. This is a VERY important symposium collaborating and working with our Congressional Delegates to help develop exceptional health care solutions. NAHU members had another productive year in making significant progress during this very ambitious four day schedule!
Below are the top five focal points we presented in our Congressional meetings that addressed viable solutions to help solve our national health care crisis.
- Preserving the employer tax exclusion (deductibility) for health care benefits provided to employees.
- Eliminate the excessive employer reporting requirements under the ACA laws especially now that the individual mandate has been repealed in the new tax reform bill.
- Increase flexibility for HSA plans to allow for several diagnostic Dr. visits (without having to meet plan deductible first) and allow funding to HSA accounts to equal the total out of pocket exposure for all HSA plan designs.
- Create high risk reinsurance pools managed by each state to take care of the high/catastrophic cost claimants (.5% of population) and significantly reduce premium costs for a majority of the insured population.
- Permanently repealing the Health Insurance Tax and Cadillac Excise Tax.