Breaking News LIVE from D.C. 2/27/18
Breaking News LIVE from D.C.!Greg Liposky with Representative Kevin Brady (TX), Chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee, after a successful private lunch discussion on proposed Health Care Legislative changes. Tuesday, February 27th, 2018 – Washington D.C.
Last week marked my 10th annual visit to participate in the National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU) Capitol Conference in Washington D.C. This is a VERY important symposium collaborating and working with our Congressional Delegates to help develop exceptional health care solutions. NAHU members had another productive year in making significant progress during this very ambitious four day schedule!
Below are the top five focal points we presented in our Congressional meetings that addressed viable solutions to help solve our national health care crisis.
- Preserving the employer tax exclusion (deductibility) for health care benefits provided to employees.
- Eliminate the excessive employer reporting requirements under the ACA laws especially now that the individual mandate has been repealed in the new tax reform bill.
- Increase flexibility for HSA plans to allow for several diagnostic Dr. visits (without having to meet plan deductible first) and allow funding to HSA accounts to equal the total out of pocket exposure for all HSA plan designs.
- Create high risk reinsurance pools managed by each state to take care of the high/catastrophic cost claimants (.5% of population) and significantly reduce premium costs for a majority of the insured population.
- Permanently repealing the Health Insurance Tax and Cadillac Excise Tax.